How to prepare for and process USMLE exams as foreign students

J
  • 5 Nov '20

Please if you have ideas or experiences to share, these students are in need of help.

• 6 Nov '20

Before preparation, I think it is expedient one knows the processes involved in USMLE.

USMLE basically involved three steps, step 1, step 2cs and step 2ck and step 3. As shown above step 2 has two components, clinical study and clinical knowledge.

It is said that step 1, step 2cs and step 2ck can be taken or written in any order of preference provided that one is eligible for the exam.

• 6 Nov '20

However, step 3 can only be written after one had passed step 1 and 2.

In 2020, step 1, step 2ck and step 3 are computer based while step 2cs is offline mode.

Step 1 and step 2 ck take place in USMLE centers all over the world while step 2 cs and step 3 take place only in the US.

N.B: medical student or graduate can take step 1 and 2 while step 3 is meant for graduate

J
  • 13 Nov '20

Oh! Thank you. At what point during schooling can one write these exams?

• 13 Nov '20

@Julie said:
Oh! Thank you. At what point during schooling can one write these exams?

The exam can be written at anytime during or after graduation depending on your readiness to write the exam. This is however not applicable to step 3 as this can only be written after graduation.

Let me also add that you can write step 1, step 2ck and step 2cs in order that you prefer but of course I've not seen anyone said that he wrote step 2 before step 1😀