Nursing Officer At Anadach Consulting Limited
Anadach Group LLC is a global healthcare strategic consulting firm focusing on providing innovative advice and services to clients and partners interested in transforming healthcare systems in emerging markets and developing economies.
Our client is a growing facility in Lagos that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high-quality patient-centered care. They provide General Pediatric Services, Medical and Surgical Outpatient Consultations and specialized services for Adults.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patients’ experience, career opportunities exist for high performing medical professionals that can contribute to rapidly growing organization.
Position: Nursing Officers
Reports to: The Lead Nurse
Location: Ikoyi Lagos
The selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of basic nursing care to patients. She will be responsible for ensuring uniformity in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to all patients, whilst upholding global standards enforced by management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing, pap smear collection, urine sample collection, high vaginal swap and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors’ in suturing procedures and to set up lines for patients under observation.
- Observe admitted patients while ensuring frequent checks of vital signs as required by standard nursing practice and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after use.
- Deliver patient files to the senior nursing officer, especially for patients to be taken under observation.
- Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy.
- Liaise with the accounts team in order to receive funding for supplies needed.
- Raise requisition for required consumables
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with additional qualification or any other relevant training.
- Must have a Registered Midwifery (RM) Qualification.
- 4 – 6 years post NYSC/qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
Key competencies and attributes
- Good documentation ability to prepare high quality summaries and reports
- Computer literate (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system or willing ness to learn)
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrate ability to exercise discretion.
- Demonstrates a positive disposition to learning and willing to take on tasks.
- Must be able to demonstrate good stress management
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
Method of Application
PLEASE INDICATE YOUR NAME AND JOB TITLE AS THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.