University of Birmingham Global Master Scholarship for International Students
Birmingham has a proud heritage of removing barriers to education to enable the most academically talented students to fulfil their potential in learning and education.
In keeping with this tradition we are proud to be launching the Global Masters Scholarship to attract and support the most academically talented international students from across the world to our Masters degrees during the 2021/22 academic year.
Worth of the Scholarship
Approximately 30 scholarships will be awarded with a value of up to £10,000 GBP. This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees owed by each successful scholar.
All taught Masters programmes are eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of programmes in the Birmingham Business School, for which there are separate MSc and MBA scholarships on offer.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2021/22 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2021 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates must also have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelors degree or equivalent.
As an example, the minimum equivalent grade requirement in the US, India, Nigeria and China are as follows:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% grade awarded by a top tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are also not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
Candidates must be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the following countries:
- China (PRC)
- Hong Kong (SAR of PRC)
What makes you ineligible
- Students applying for programmes in the Birmingham Business School are not eligible for this scholarship but are eligible for other separate MSc and MBA scholarships offered by the Business School.
- If you defer your programme, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship award as it is only available for the 2021 academic year.
- Students seeking to study on a course solely delivered as a ‘distance learning’ programme are not eligible for this scholarship.
30th June 2021 at 23:59
Method of Application
This is a competitive scholarship and candidates who fulfil the eligibility requirements outlined above, and who have been issued and accepted an offer of admission to a Masters degree at Birmingham, are welcome to apply for this scholarship by completing our online scholarship application form which can be accessed using the link below.
Please complete the form accurately and in full as any incomplete applications will not be considered and cannot be amended once submitted. Please only complete the scholarship application form once as any duplicate applications will not be considered and we will only review your first submission.
Click here to apply