Rise up's youth champion initiative worth $12,000 application, 2021
Rise Up’s Youth Champions Initiative invests in powerful young leaders ages 18-29 who are leading the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice movement in Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, Rwanda, and the United States. Our externally validated model enables young leaders to create large-scale change through leadership development, technology, innovation, and advocacy.
The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) is an exciting initiative that is advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally. Following a competitive selection process, Rise Up will select 22 visionary young people to participate an innovative virtual incubator-style training that integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, advocacy, project funding, and technical support to enable the Youth Champions to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHR in their countries.
Worth of the Innitative:
This initiative is worth $12,000 USD
Candidate must be:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29
- Residents of: India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda or Louisiana and Mississippi, USA.
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health, rights and justice
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, family planning, innovation and/or related fields
- Ability to participate in an online virtual workshop meeting weekly for two hours between October and December 2021. Rise Up will cover all costs related to program participation, including materials and internet costs.
- Proficient in oral and written English
- Support of a registered civil society or non profit organization, network or group
- To be eligible for a grant in association with this project, Rise Up requires organizations to be legally registered in country, be able to receive international funds, and in India to be registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). Entities that are not registered can be sponsored by a legally registered entity.
July 15, 2021
Method of Application
Application is online, you will be required to complete an online form.