Female Nursing Officer vacancy at Atlantic Hall Schools
Atlantic Hall was established in January 1989 by the Atlantic Hall Educational Trust Council. A registered non-profit sharing organisation. The body is composed of members from varied professions who share a common passion for a 21st Century Nigeria with an enviable and competitive standard of education.
The school is committed to and reflects academic excellence and a well rounded education.
Atlantic Hall School is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Female Nursing Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
Application Closing Date: 30th December, 2020.
The primary responsibility of the School Nurse shall be to take care of students and members of staff who are on bed rest or hospitalized by ensuring that they properly take their medications at the appropriate time as prescribed. He/she shall also be monitoring the health condition of hospitalized students and members of staff and draw the attention of the Doctor whenever the need arises or in case of emergency.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BSc. Nursing, Graduate of School of Nursing (Certified by the Nursing Council of Nigeria) or any equivalent Certificate from any recognized Nursing school.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience
- Must be a registered Nurse with a valid practice license.
- Ability to communicate properly and effectively with parents and all stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team, work without close supervision and within established timeframes.
- Capability to manage a variety of patients and tasks throughout the day.
- Infection Control.
- Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
- Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care
- Proficiency in the usage of Microsoft Office tools
- Prior experience working in private or government hospital setting.
- Attention to details, organization and problem solving skills
- High level of proactivity and ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- High sense of commitment, responsibility and accountability
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Support patients with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or mental health problems
- Monitoring and administering prescribed medication and intravenous infusions
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to patients; assess patients and implement first aid measures for patients as needed
- Prepare and maintain student and staff clinic records and prepare required reports
- Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student's physician
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed
- Complete the preliminary nursing assessments and assist the doctor with the patient -study physical examinations for students
- Provide health education and anticipatory counseling
- Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols, and other instructions provided by the School Doctor
- Promote good health and wellbeing among students and staff
- Keep updates on students suffering from major illnesses and those on medication
- Provide periodic health checks/appraisals of pupils with identified or suspected health problems
- Sterilize clinic equipment and dressing items as prescribed
- Write clear and concise nurses report on treatment given and medications served
- Occasionally provide care and treatment to students during off-campus competitions and program (e.g. Sea School, Sport events)
- Oversee and ensure cleanliness of the wards and entire clinic
- Prepare order for supplies and equipment necessary for nurses’ office
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.